How to ‘see’ a story of an ancestor
Reading my posts you have seen, that there is an additional view you can take on learning about your ancestors. There is more to it, than just a name, a date and the economical or social circumstances. Here I will show you how you can find out, more personal information about your ancestors:
- Look at a name of your ancestor you just found out.
- Pay attention to your initial feeling and thought. What do you feel if you see the name? What do you think about it?
- You suddenly might get a certain feeling or thought. Maybe you feel, it could have been a happy person or a sad person or something else.
- Write all these impressions down, even if you can’t make any sense out of it. Just write it down.
- After a while review it and you will see that there is something about it. You always will have a certain feeling or a certain thought about it. It is very natural; we are just not used to it.
This is a different way of looking at it, because you leave the rational mind and let your heart speak. The more you let yourself taking this path, the more you will find out. Try to take these impressions seriously. The more you do it, the easier you will ’see’ it. Whenever you get to a name or a picture of one of your ancestors, just try to pay attention to the initial feeling or thought you get about it.
You might think, well I can’t know, it is fantasy and so on, but don’t put attention to those doubts. They are real as well. It is just like you do meet someone in reality. You will have an initial feeling about this person too and most times you will be right. You just need to learn to trust your feeling and thoughts.
If you want to explore more to it, then you can start to practice it as often as possible. This is a possibility that needs trust and trust only comes if you keep doing it and trying it.